Following up on our previous post on mark-making, you can try out some of these great ideas to encourage your child to do mark-making, to hone her pre-writing skills.
1. Paint on the sidewalk with water.
2. Draw shapes in the air with s stick.
3. Use a long ribbon or crepe paper strips to make dance movements
4. Put up paper on an easel and paint
5. Write on sidewalks with a thick chalk
6. Do finger painting on paper, with some imagination!
7. Make prints on dough
8. Make marks on sand, flour or salt on a tray.
9. Make strokes on 3 dimensional objects like rocks, boxes or balls with paint.
10. Make art using glitter glue on paper.