Rolling Balls on paint
1. Marbles or balls
2. Plastic or disposable container
4. Box or Photocopying paper box cover
How to create the art piece!
1. Put paints of different colours in the container.
2. Put the balls in and roll them around so they are coated with paint.
3. Position the paper in the box.
4. Place the balls in, tilt the box up and down and roll the balls on the paper in different directions to create the artwork!
My little girl was so fascinated by the colour prints the balls created on the paper, with streaks of different colours running through. She also learned to manipulate the box like tilting it to get the balls rolling from left to right, top to bottom. Exploring with balls of different sizes has also got her making a discovery of different patterns and how the thickness of the lines correlated with the size of the balls.
This activity is easy and fun and is sure to spellbound your child!
Go and let your child have a ball of a time!